This position is for a test consultant / trainer to join a growing company providing software testing related training and consultancy services. Ideal candidate will be someone with some testing experience who has delivered training courses (not necessarily in testing) who wishes to gain experience in a software testing training role and to also carry out testing assignments both in house and for external clients. Full training in the ISTQB course will be given, as well as course shadowing and mentoring from existing trainers, to allow skills transfer up to the point at which the new joiner is comfortable enough to deliver their own courses. The initial course to be delivered is the ISEB/ISQTB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing. Ideally, candidates will already possess this or the equivalent ISEB qualification but training could be provided if not. Once competent in this course, skills in other testing related courses will be developed, including the ISEB Practitioner course.
This role requires the candidate to have:
- A good understanding of the software development lifecycle – development and testing and experience of working on projects.
- Experience of running training courses and developing courseware - An experienced trainer / tutor preferably in a computer related subject.
- Already familiar or prepared to become comfortable with the ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate material in a short period of time, in order to present the course itself both to the public and on client sites.
- A flexible approach to travelling when delivering primarily UK based courses. The course is normally delivered over 3 days in a week.
- At least 2 years testing experience, including technical hands on work would be advantageous – should include production of test plans, test scripts and test execution in different environments.
- Experience of automated testing tools would be advantageous. For example the Mercury/HP suite of products.
- Good communication with negotiation skills, builds relationships.
- Assertive, being able to work at a pace and remain objective whilst maintaining relationships.
- It is essential that the candidate is committed, energetic and enthusiastic about testing. Needs to be willing to learn and embrace opportunities to develop their career.
- Needs to be practical and proactive
- Must be flexible and able to cope with pressure from timescales, along with a wide breadth of responsibility
- Career minded and looking to progress within the company
- 2 years minimum experience as a tester using structured test methods
- Some automated tools experience desirable but not essential
- Training experience – preferably IT based, including course development experience
- Should be highly motivated and proactive
- Should be able to grasp concepts quickly
- Eagerness to learn and an aptitude for picking things up quickly