Position: Sr. Essbase Hyperion DBA
Location: Offshore / Onsite
On-boarding Date: Immediate (Urgent)
Experience: 8 – 10 Years
- Design, develop and deploy enterprise scale Essbase applications to meet ad hoc analysis and reporting needs based on business requirements.
- Provide technical support for Essbase Administration Services (EAS), Hyperion Shared Services, Financial Reporting Studio, and Hyperion Workspace.
- Develop and maintain Essbase Outlines, Calculation Scripts, Dimension Builds, Data Loads, Report Scripts, and Batch Automation Scripts (MaxL and MSH).
- Perform Essbase data loads from disparate data sources including data validation and discrepancy correction.
- Develop and maintain SQL scripts to facilitate data staging and loading.
- Responsible for managing and monitoring Hyperion load process (ad hoc requests and nightly scheduled loads) and addressing load issues.
- Perform exports of Essbase data to downstream applications & databases.
- Thorough understanding of Dense/Sparse settings, dynamic calculations, and development best practices for Essbase Outlines.
- Technical Knowledge of Outline development functionality such as Attribute Dimensions, User Defined Attributes (UDAs), Substitution Variables, Aggregate Storage (ASO), and Block Storage (BSO).
- Optimize and tune Essbase applications to enhance performance for data loads, aggregations & calculations, and data retrievals.
- Manage Security Provisioning by maintaining users, user groups, and access security privileges.
- Provide support for the Smart View Excel Add-in including VBA programming.
- Develop Planning & Forecasting applications and maintain business rule logic and web forms.
- Design, develop, and maintain Hyperion Financial Reports.
- Fulfill complex ad-hoc queries, analysis, and reporting requests submitted by business users.
- Provide ongoing support to business users for daily operational requests and issue resolution for a user base of 200+ global users.
- Participate in annual audit of applications and semi-annual user access review.
- Ensure application compliance with policies, procedures, and change control process.
- Play a key role in project rollouts including new development, enhancements, and upgrades.
- Develop and execute unit, system integration, and user acceptance test plans to support application testing.
- Create application specific training materials and conduct end user training sessions to support the business community.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have worked as a Hyperion Administrator for Essbase, Planning, and Financial Reports and have experience supporting a global business community.
- Must demonstrate technical knowledge of Essbase best practices in application design and deployment.
- Proven ability to transform a complex set of business requirements into intuitive, scalable Essbase and Planning applications to solve business problems.
- Proficient use of Smart View Excel Add-in including VBA programming in conjunction with data from Hyperion.
- Proficient use of SQL scripts and batch automation scripts (MaxL and MSH).
- Comprehension of financial analysis and/or accounting concepts.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively communicate with business users, executives, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work well under time constraints.
- Team player with a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and strong work ethic.
- Hard-working, ability to prioritize, and commitment to producing successful end results.
- Self-starter, ability to work well with minimal direction in a team environment.
- Oracle Financials experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI a plus.
- Knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence 126.96.36.199 (OBI) a plus.