Engagement Specialist - HR
An employee engagement specialist helps a company to discover how to keep employees satisfied and to retain them for longer periods. The engagement specialist may do interviews, focus groups and surveys with employees. Then this data, along with data such as turnover or attrition, is analyzed in order to determine why employees are leaving or why they are not satisfied with the work they are doing.
Engagement activities are created and implemented by the engagement specialist. These may involve contests, employee awards, social events and other activities to promote the culture of the company. Some of the outreach to employees may be done through the company's intranet and/or through social media. Employees may also be engaged through newsletters, town halls and meetings. It is important to gather employee feedback in order to determine their feelings and issues they may have about the activities. From there, activities may have to be modified.
Volunteer, philanthropic and charitable efforts may also be encouraged by the engagement specialist in order to get employees involved in the community. The employee engagement specialist may work with other departments in order to understand employee engagement needs and to come up with plans. The ability to work well independently and to prioritize and meet deadlines is important. Good research skills along with good communication skills are essential.
- You will report to the Senior HRBP and play a critical role in executing key HR initiatives across the organization, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Partner with the HR Management Team to assist in the design, delivery and project management of employee development programs and initiatives that inspire, engage and ultimately retain top talent with strong focus on Employee Satisfaction.
- Employee Satisfaction:
- Implement new and enhance existing staff recognition and reward programs.
- Support efforts to increase Diversity, Equity & Inclusion throughout the organization.
- Partner with other HR staff and members of other departments as appropriate on Employee Satisfaction events, and research and work with vendors to build employee engagement initiatives.
- Engage in employee engagement efforts and retention strategies with particular emphasis on efforts to create a warm, welcoming and empowering environment.
- Serve as project point person on specific segments of employee engagement and communications programs, including contests, meeting logistics, meeting recaps, budget summaries, etc., to ensure all engagement programs are successfully implemented.
- In collaboration with Communications and Marketing Department, design regular employee engagement communication vehicles to employees by creating multimedia messages including newsletter and/or increasing social media presence advertising Prolifics as an employer of choice.
- Act as an Ambassador of Prolifics culture and values
- Reporting, Data Maintenance, and Compliance:
- Prepares relevant employee engagement reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends, as well provide support to decision making in specified areas.
- Ensures compliance with government rules and regulations as it pertains to the scope and duties/responsibilities.
- General & Administrative:
- Keep abreast of industry knowledge and trends by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintaining professional networks.
- Participates in team meetings and the accomplishment of team goals.
- Maintains confidentiality of all employee information.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Proven success at establishing/creating a positive culture in previous positions
- Thorough understanding of HR policies and procedures, and knowledge of Federal and State regulations, including EEO laws and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are essential, as is the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Collaborative team player, possess a strong customer service orientation, and be a consultative problem solver.
- Highly proactive style of work, with a demonstrated track record of developing innovative approaches and ability to problem solve and set priorities.
- Experience working with HRIS systems and leading HRIS implementation initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information.
- Ability to communicate and make recommendations supported by reasoning and research.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, communication or business preferred but not required.
For over 40 years, Prolifics has experienced continued growth and recognition for its expertise as the global IT services company of choice. Prolifics provides end-to-end services including architectural advisement, design, development, deployment and testing of BPM, Integration, Security, IM&A, and Content and Collaboration solutions and has garnered several awards for technical excellence.
Prolifics values our colleagues, which is why we offer a comprehensive suite of benefits to those who join our team. We provide a range of benefits to maintain good health, wellness and financial security. It’s the smartest investment we make. For more information on our benefits please visit http://www.prolifics.com/careers/benefits
Prolifics is an EEO company. We are committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.