Prolifics is seeking for a Sr. Kafka Engneer to join our Digital Integration Practice Team. The successful candidate will be part of an elite consulting team responsible for the design, development and implementation of solutions for one of our Fortune 500 customers.This is a contract position to join an established client project. Candidates need to work from one of the Clients location based out of Alphertta, GA or Lower Manhattan, NY . If you crave the freedom of contract work, and thrive in the energetic atmosphere of short/long-term, high profile projects, we want to talk to you today about this opportunity. Let’s connect and put your skills to work for us!
Contact us directly at Recruiters@Prolifics.com or visit our Careers Page to see a full list of opportunities with Prolifics.
Looking for a Kafka Engineer who will provide subject matter expertise in the strategic positioning of the Event Processing Middleware, Architecture and Deployment of Confluent Enterprise Kafka within organization, as well as strong hands on experience to aid in troubleshooting endeavors. 50% architecture/lead capability.
- Experienced in working with high level stakeholders to strategically position Event Processing Middleware within an organization.
- Experience designing secure and stable Kafka platforms.
- Physical deployment of infrastructure across multiple environments.
- Optimization and tuning of Kafka plant for peak performance.
- Standards and patterns development for Kafka usage.
- User guide development and training overviews for supporting teams.
- Provide troubleshooting and best practices methodology for development teams.
- Process automation and new application on-boarding, integration with CICD pipeline.
- Design monitoring solutions and baseline statistics reporting to support the implementation.
- Level 3 support for development teams that are utilizing the platform.
- Planning and execution of infrastructure projects as well as on-boarding of new application development projects
- Mentors L1/L2 support groups.
- Partner with development teams to provide Kafka
Kafka: (Minimum must-have’s)
- Established track record with Kafka technology, with a deep understanding of the Kafka architecture and internals of how it works, along with interplay of architectural components: brokers, Zookeeper, producers/consumers, Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams
- Strong fundamentals in Kafka administration, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Kafka clustering, and its fault-tolerance model supporting HA and DR
- Practical experience with how to scale Kafka, KStreams, and Connector infrastructures, with the motivation to build efficient platforms
- Best practices to optimize the Kafka ecosystem based on use-case and workload
- Experience with Kafka Streams / KSQL architecture and associated clustering model
- Hands-on experience as a developer who has used the Kafka API to build producer and consumer applications, along with expertise in implementing KStreams components. Have developed KStreams pipelines, as well as deployed KStreams clusters
- Strong knowledge of the Kafka Connect framework, with experience using several connector types: HTTP REST proxy, JMS, File, SFTP, JDBC, Splunk, Salesforce, and how to support wire-format translations. Knowledge of connectors available from Confluent and the community would be a plus
- Hands-on experience in designing, writing, and operationalizing new Kafka Connectors using the framework
- Strong familiarity of wire formats such as XML, JSON, Avro, CSV, etc. along with serialization/deserialization options
- Familiarity of the Schema Registry
- Job Type: Contract
- Compensation: Hourly
- Location: Looking for candidates who are open to work form Client work offices
- Project Duration: 12 months
- Contract Renewal: Likely
Over 40 Years of Excellence
Prolifics helps organizations leverage digital technology solutions to innovate and compete while optimizing costs and operational agility. For more than 40 years, Prolifics has transformed enterprises of all sizes—including over 100 Fortune 1000 companies—by solving their complex IT challenges.